Hey guys 👋 welcome back to another SkinLovin’ Sundays post as part of my weekly blog series! For those of you who are new to The Typical Beauty Blog or those of you who don’t follow me (yet 😜) its basically a series which I started to focus exclusively on skincare. So if thats something which ya fancy then make sure to check every Sunday 🗓 In these weekly posts I’m gonna try to focus less on products but more on techniques & tips for you guys… so let’s get started 👉Today’s topic is: Is there a right way to wash your face? 🤔
A right way to wash your face? Surely not right… or is there? 😶 I remember back when I was 15 I Youtube’d (is that a word?) “how to wash your face” – yes I actually did youtube that 🙈… At the time I was suffering really badly from acne & I just wanted to research if there was anything I could do to help my situation. I found this lady who basically just put a camera behind her tap 💧& filmed her entire method… those tips actually stuck with me for a very long time ⏱ until a couple years back where I read an article from this dermatologist that said our pores don’t open and close 😦
Say whaaaaa? Like my whole life revolved around cold water/ice working to close the pores & hot water/steam to open the pores up, so how did he just drop this bombshell 😒 Its like my whole life was a lie… I don’t know what to believe now as theres articles all over the internet but I thought I’d share with you guys how I go about washing my face & you guys could share your methods & that way I could maybe learn something ☺️… So heres what I do:
- Lukewarm water – to splash my face 🙎, this helps create a wet surface for my face-wash to really just glide on & lather up!
- Small dollop of face-wash – I apply this onto the palm of one hand 🖐.
- One finger ☝️ – to dot the face-wash all over, making sure its evenly distributed.
- Fingertips – to rub the face-wash into my skin in circular motions, for some reason I like to start with with my T-Zone & do my U-Zone last.
- Wait a minute ⏲ – to let the face wash do its thanggg 💁 you know what I mean?… it just seems like such a waste to wash it all off immediately.
- Cold-er water – (not freezing ❄️ but not lukewarm) to wash away the face-wash.
- Dry off – I use a towel & pat my chin dry, as water tends to drip down 💧 & I can’t stand it, I also like to pat down my eyes, as my eyebrows + eyelashes stay wet for so long 🙄 & then I leave the rest of my face to air-dry.
- Apply moisturiser – I use the Fresh Cosmetics Mattifying lotion & serum combo on my T-Zone area & then my Vitamin-E Aqua Boost Sorbet over my U-Zone area
Thats it guys, thats how I go about washing my face, not that interesting… maybe it didn’t require a post, but hey I wanted to focus on ‘washing your face’ since I’ve been reading a few articles about it after getting this allergic skin reaction ☹️ (which hopefully goes away soon 🙏). I’d love to read how you guys wash your face? that isn’t weird is it? 🙈. I just love reading about skincare tips, so please do let me know below in the comments 👇
P.S have any of you guys used the Braun Facial Cleansing Brush? I bought it a couple months 🗓 back but haven’t gotten round to using it yet. I’m sure that once I start using it my face-washing routine will change slightly, but atm my skin is wayyyy to sensitive for any sort of deep-cleaning!
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post… If you did then please don’t forget to ‘like’ the post down below 👇 & follow me for more! 😁 Thankyou 💙
Lets connect ✨
Read the previous post in the blog series here: SkinLovin’ Sundays #2– Are your pillowcases causing your acne?