Hey guys 👋 welcome back to another SkinLovin’ Sundays post as part of my weekly blog series! For those of you who are new to The Typical Beauty Blog or those of you who don’t follow me… yet 😜 its basically a series which I started to focus exclusively on skincare. So if thats something which you fancy then make sure to check every Sunday 🗓. In these weekly posts I’m gonna try to focus less on products but more on techniques & tips for you guys… so let’s get started 👉Today’s topic is: “Caring for your décolletage”
The décolletage is an area on a woman’s body which includes the neck, chest & shoulders… I think it also includes the upper back but I’m not entirely sure 😅… its basically the areas which would show skin in a low-cut dress 👗. I personally think the décolletage is a really sensual area & it should be properly looked after, but I’ll be the first to put my hand up 🙋 & say I never really looked after my neck & all the rest during my teenage/young adult years but recently I’ve been all about my skincare regime, like I said in my Sephora haul post. This year I really want to focus on skincare & better myself… So heres my 5 tips to keep your décolletage looking as youthful as ever:
- Treat it like you do your face 🙎 – So many of us, including me, have specific products/routines in place for our face but we never really do the same past the jawline, even though the neck is one of the FIRST places we start to ‘age’ (get wrinkly ☹️) as we get older.
- Moisturise. Moisturise. Moisturise – The décolletage area does not produce as much oil as our face does because our neck & chest has a lot less sebaceous glands in it, therefore its so important to moisturise it at least twice a day to help keep it looking supple.
- SPF 🌞 – Sun protection is extremely important, I actually had no idea 🙅 how important it was to actually apply sunscreen on a rainy day! 🌧 Like whaaa? 😶Sunscreen on a rainy day?! After carrying out some research I have realised just how important it is because apparently the rays emitted from the sun are still harmful to our skin regardless of whether it is a sunny day or not.
- Firm it up – The skin on the neck can get quite thin & loose because of how much elasticity it has in comparison to the rest of our face, therefore it could be useful to use a firming lotion or serum daily to help keep it looking tight. I prefer using a serum & then applying lotion.
- Remove your make up – ALWAYS use a make-up/cleansing wipe down your neck & at the back of your neck, its so important guys & will just instantly make you feel refreshed, I love to use my Simple Cleansing Wipes
So these are my 5 tips/pieces of advice to help look after your décolletage area & keep it looking youthful, supple & hopefully wrinkle-free for as long as possible ha! 😄 I’m on the hunt for a neck lotion atm, so if you know any then do let me know in the comments 😊. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post… If you did then please don’t forget to ‘like’ down below 👇 & follow me for more! 😁 Thankyou 💙
Lets connect ✨
Read the previous post in the blog series here: SkinLovin’ Sundays #5 – How to treat & prevent ingrown hair.