Hey guys 👋 I hope you’re having a lovely week so far, its nearly friday so hang in there! 😅 …Not too long ago I turned 23 🎈 & I ran a Twitter poll asking you guys whether I should do a “23 things I learned in 23 years” post & I received a decent amount of responses to do one so here goes 😊 Oh heres my results from the poll btw 👇 & please head over to my Twitter to follow me if you don’t already 😘:
- Positivity attracts positivity ✨ – being surrounded by positivity really affects your physical & mental wellbeing
- The mind is very powerful 💪 – what you believe you can achieve, you will achieve
- Your life is in your hands – therefore its down to you to make sure you live a life you’re proud of!
- Fake friends are real – as cliche as it sounds
- You will lose touch with your best friends – for absolutely no reason 2 people can drift apart some times & thats part of growing up 💖
- Grudges are not worth it 🙅 – sometimes you drift from people for a reason & trust me ITS EASIER TO LET GO than to hold on to a grudge/fight
- Life is beautiful 🌸 – it truly is, so take a step back & take it all in
- NEVER feel guilty about saying NO – this is so important for your personal well being
- NEVER apologise for being yourself 💁 – it is so important to stay true to yourself
- Spending time alone is fun ⏲ – being alone doesn’t always mean you’re lonely, its so important to establish a relationship with yourself, after all it will be your LONGEST relationship
- NOT every situation needs a reaction ☺️ – sometimes its better just to bite the bullet & let idiots be idiots
- Mistakes make you – its true. Every mistake shapes you into the person you will one day grow/evolve into.
- University is fun 📚 – its honestly been the most character shaping/personality building experience of my life!
- Being broke teaches you a lot of things 💰 – they say everyone should experience living on a tight budget & hear it from me… it teaches you the value of things!
- All you need is like 2 real friends – a SMALL circle is always better than a large circle of people who don’t all GENUINELY have your best interests at heart
- Fitting in is unnecessary – why fit in when you can stand out? honestly?!
- Adult-ing isn’t fun 😅 – I wish I was 19 & just stayed stuck at that age. Honestly. Sorting out housing/car insurance/bills etc ISN’T FUN! haha
- STAY WOKE 👁👁 – you learn something new every single day, just keep your eyes open!
- Family is important 👨👩👧👦 – As much as you dislike the annoying traits your family members may have, family is such an important glue to keeping your life together 🙏
- Have a brew ☕️ – sometimes all you need is to sit down with a nice warm cuppa ☕️
- Rome wasn’t built in a day – everything takes time, so be patient & work hard
- Smile more 😃 – it will have a positive impact on your day, as well as the people around you
- Knowledge is power – this is my ultimate favourite saying EVER. Empowering yourself with knowledge is so KEY in todays day & age as its just about the 1 thing no one can ever take from you
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post… If you did then please don’t forget to ‘like’ the post down below 👇 & follow me for more! 😁 Thankyou 💙
Lets connect ✨