Hey guys 👋 I hope you’re all having a lovely day, I’m currently sat on my bed aka my office 😂 drinking some salted caramel coffee ☕️ & loving life. Todays post is all about The Starter Set from Real Techniques – if you’ve been reading The Typical Beauty Blog for a while you’ll know that I’ve also written a post on The Core Collection which you can read here. The Core Collection focuses on MUST-have face brushes whereas The Starter Set focuses on eye brushes 👁👁… so lets get straight into it 👇
Heres a photo 📸 of the set from my Instagram (which you should totaaaally follow 😜) how pretty are these brushes though, whats even better is that each individual brush 🖌 has its name/purpose written on it, which I find super helpful & I’m sure make-up newbies would love! If you haven’t heard of Real Techniques you must be living under a rock (no offence intended) but its such a affordable high street brand that you’re really missing out if you’ve not tried their products! They’re probably most famous for their Miracle Complexion sponge… thats right, the orange one 😅. The brushes are of such amazing quality & SO soft due to the “Ultra-Plush Bristles” used.
What does the set include?
Left – to – Right the set includes these brushes:
- Deluxe crease brush – I love how big & fluffy it is, its so great for blending out the crease & creating that soft contoured look 🙌
- Base shadow brush – This is possibly my least favourite of the set? 😶 I feel like its not the best at picking up shadow & you really have to pack it on
- Brow brush – I LOVE this brush 😍 its so amazing for carving out the brows & I pair it with my favourite brow product (👈 click to read all about it)
- Accent brush – Another FAVOURITE of mine, this is the #1 brush for me when it comes to carving out my brows using concealer, btw if you wanna know what my FAVOURITE concealer is have a read of this. I find that this brush also works amazing for carving out a crease, cause its such a small, delicate & completely straight brush. You can’t go wrong when you’re using it tbh 👌
- Fine liner brush – I have to say I didnt use this brush for the longest time because I don’t use those liner pots, I use liquid liners instead (hmmm 🤔 maybe I should do a review on my favourite liner? Let me know in the comments 👇). However recently when I tried my FIRST ever ever ever EVER cut crease (a 1/2 cut crease to be exact) I found that this lil brush came in so handy & I fell in love!
Quality over Quantity
I can’t remember how much I bought these for, but I know I’ve definitely seen those huge sets of 24pc brushes retailing for cheaper than this one BUT guys don’t do that to yourselves 🙅 & don’t do that to your wallets! 💰 QUALITY OVER QUANTITY all day everyday. The Core Collection was my FIRST ever set of brushes & this being the 2nd one so just think about how long they’ve lasted & also how well they’ve lasted🙌. If you wanna know how I wash my brushes I’ll have a post coming up soon ⏳ but if you wanna know WHAT I use to wash them have a read of this post (you’ll be surprised 👀)
Lil snippet of The Core Collection 👇
Another set of great brushes from Real Techniques, head over to this post to see which one is my favourite! I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post. If you did then please don’t forget to ‘like’ the post down below 👇 & follow me for more!
Lets connect ✨
🍂 Instagram: thetypicalbeautyblog
🐿 Twitter: TheTypicalBBlog
☕️ Pinterest: thetypicalbeautyblog